Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

What car did your escape replace?

123K views 46 replies 31 participants last post by  dizzycsholzey6351 
#1 ·
That did you trade your new escape?

We traded in an 03 Taurus. We were looking for something a little larger (seating position) and awd.

#32 ·
I traded my 2008 F-150 4x4 5.4 for a 2012 Escape Limited 2WD 3.0 because I wanted something better on gas and easier to park.

#33 ·
2000 Mazda Millennia S. Supercharged 2.3 V-6...with a fu¢king proprietary charger!

Once the charger started leaking oil, yes...oil! I traded it in for our Escape. The charger isn't air cooled, it's oil cooled and blows the proprietary seals and leaks oil in the intake

Not rebuildable. Only option was to go the custom route and make an Eaton M46 fit. Would have cost over 3k for that. Pass

#34 ·

New member here and first post. I have an 06 XLT 4wd Maroon (not sure what the "official" Ford color is) I traded an 06 Focus 5sp 2dr for my Escape right at the first of the year. The Focus was my daily driver for my 1 hour one way commute to and from work. It was really starting to fall off with the MPG and my mechanic said it was probably something getting ready to fail internally in the motor... so with 225k on the speedo, I got out of it. I was leaning towards an Escape all the way when I started looking for something to trade the Focus in on. The Focus handled fine on the pavement when it was dry but here in Missouri, the Focus is not ideal for the winter months. My work is not very forgiving when you have to call in because you can't make it to work in 1/2 of snow, so that is why I went with the Escape. I did give up a little bit on fuel mileage but in the end, my wife and I both decided it was the best decision. Besides, I am not getting much worse MPG with my Escape then I did with the Focus. And I usually leave early enough that I can keep my foot out of the gas to help on fuel mileage.

#36 ·
Had a '97 Taurus wagon LX. 2 weeks ago got into a fight with a Walmart stop sign (bottom part). The wagon lost. Wife and I decided to check out an Escape. She must have spent about a week to find a good year. It was the 2012. Found a really nice '12 LXT. It has 125,000 miles on it, but it will come with a 3 month unlimited mileage. We needed something for the winter as our '09 Focus HAS to stay in the garage when it snows more than 2". The '09 has been a great car!

#37 ·
I traded in my 2006 Honda Civic for my 2014 Escape SE. My mileage only went down about 3-4 mpg, but I have 2-3 times the car. Only time will tell how it will hold up. My 2002 Ranger is still doing us yeoman service and my old 1993 Ranger is still running around town. Both with the 4.0 liter V-6. Rusty, but running [3gears] great.

#38 ·
My 2009 Focus SE with 199,800 miles is still running. I have been shopping for a replacement for when the Focus dies. Below is what I want and can fit into the budget. I like to plan for the next ride before I need to buy one so I don't panic buy.

2017 Ford Escape SE, FWD, 2.0L EcoBoost® I-4 Engine, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with SelectShift®
FWD
Lightning Blue
200A
Class II Trailer Tow Prep Package
Heated Exterior Mirrors
Remote Start
Supplemental PTC Heater
17-inch Sparkle Silver-Painted Aluminum Wheels
Cold Weather Package
Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
All-Weather Floor Mats
Interior Cargo Cover
Heated Front Seats
AM/FM Stereo and Single-CD/MP3-Capability with 6 Speakers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.